What is a Facilitated IEP?
A Facilitated IEP (FIEP) is an option available at the request of schools and parents for conflict prevention and resolution. This service is provided at no cost to parents or schools. A trained impartial professional (facilitator) helps the case conference committee with the IEP process by:
- Keeping the meeting focused on the student
- Ensuring everyone at the table has a voice
- Encouraging active listening by all participants
- Helping keep team members on task and within the time allotted for the meeting
- Participating as a non-committee member, which does not impose decisions on the group
Request FIEP Services
For more information, please see:
To request a FIEP, please complete this electronic form along with the IEP TA Center Print & Fax form.